A Year of Dresses: Pearl Dress


You've seen it all over the last couple of days, but I have one more Pearl Dress to show you today!  In case you've missed it, Pearl is the newest Tie Die Diva pattern and the 5th pattern in the Diva Collection.  Diva Collection patterns are a little more full, have a little more flair, and are a little more FUN!

This will be your go to fall and winter dress! This is the second one I've made and it is a perfect Christmas dress.  I love it!  As with all Diva Collection patterns, Pearl includes an extended size range including nine sizes from 12-18 months through girls 9/10.  The pattern features a button close bib with ruffle detail, elbow length sleeves with ruffle, long sash ties, and a hem band. Each of these features allows for multiple fabric placement and trim options. The pattern is designed for advanced beginner/intermediate sewing level seamstresses.  The pattern requires easing a set in sleeve and buttonholes (or use press in snaps).

Sweet Pea was such a trooper taking pictures in the cold.
Look at here poor red nose!
On this dress I chose to make visible buttons.  My buttons reminded me of snowflakes or flowers and were a perfect un-obtrusive option.  Choose some cute, flashy buttons for a fun look.  The pattern also includes instructions for invisible buttons or using press in snaps.  For the bib I added some small, cream, pre-gathered lace layered in addition my ruffle.  The bib is also the perfect place for adding a fun embroidery or applique.




I decided that the bib and sash would be the show stealer on this dress.  I love the red sash! It's a great pop of color especially on a Christmas dress.


To keep the rest of the dress simple, I made both the sleeve ruffles and hem band from the main fabric.  I added a simple ivory and gold braid to the seams for a little flair.  


 The trim is stitched on with a straight stitch using invisible thread.  When I reached the end, I overlapped the trim and switched to a zig zag stitch for about 1/2" to make sure the ends were secure.

I adore how this dress came out. The fabric is just perfect (in my opinion) for an understated Christmas outfit.  It is Christmassy, but not over the top.  She will easily wear it for the rest of the winter without looking like she's dressed for the wrong holiday.



If you've not grabbed your pattern yet be sure to do it now!  You have until noon Pacific time today (November 14) to get it at a special introductory price. Are you still debating what to make for holidays photos, look no further! This dress is quick to sew and looks amazing.  Church, family get togethers, holiday parties... this dress is IT.

Here's the pattern details at a glance!

  • Extended sizes from 12-18 months through girls 9/10
  • Advanced beginner/intermediate sewing level
  • Choose visible or invisible buttons, or choose press in snaps
  • Elbow sleeves
  • Full skirt
  • Long sash ties

Comments