Quilt Market Newbie Wraps It Up!

I am still stepping over my pile of swag (click here to see it on instagram) and flyers from Quilt Market but am not going to let that stop me from sitting down all nice and comfy and posting some of my favorite pics! My very first trip to Market was a whirlwind of beautiful fabrics and smiling faces and so, so much fun. I didn't take nearly enough photos, except of course when I geeked out over seeing one of my favorite sewing/design celebrities and foisted my phone upon whomever was nearby.

Like this.
Joel Dewberry is the nicest guy ever. You might know, my favorite fabric of all time, like ever ever ever, is Sparrows in Pink from his original Aviary collection (as I confessed in this 2013 interview). I was thrilled to see his new collection Birch Farm not only comes in the most gorgeous colorways ever but look! My little sparrow friend is incorporated into the Antler Damask.


I can't wait until this is available for purchase. You can see the collection at the fabulous Hawthorne Threads and sign up to receive an email when it's in. 

Another totally starstruck moment. Meeting Nancy Zieman. This woman almost has me quilting, she makes it look so easy and her samples were sooo gorgeous.

somehow I think my first quilting attempt won't turn out like this.

Now to the fabric! I am absolutely flat-smack smitten with the new division of RJR Fabrics, Cotton & Steel. They are fresh, colorful, and fun. And I know, I know, it's called Quilt Market, but I was feeling a little out of place among all the quilts and was thrilled to see several samples of children's garments in their booth.

I die.
I need this one yesterday. Must. Stalk. Designer.
Hot, I tell you!

Blend / Anna Griffin was another standout. Their fun prints and beautiful florals translate so well into all kinds of sewn items and I loved visiting my Four Way Baby Dress and Perfect Party Dress displayed in their booth.

Four Way Baby Dress pattern in Anna Griffin's Grace collection
"Hi, can you take a picture of me and my small headless, armless friend?"
If you stop by my pattern website for even 2 seconds with one eye shut and the other on the door, you'll still notice I love Free Spirit Designers. Uh-mazing.You can be sure you'll be seeing these on my pattern covers soon.




Best of all was meeting up with so many other "industry professionals" (as our badges called us). I met people I've known online for years. We laughed our butts off, we complained our common complaints, we "get" each other in so many ways. It was amazing to be surrounded by so many inspirational souls and to feel the connection we'll retain long after Market is over.
Just a few of the fabulous gals I finally met up with, L to R: Kim and Kris of You Can Make This; Carla of Scientific Seamstress and Heather of Goosie Girl.

Comments

Sara said…
Great group pic! I'm so glad you had such a nice time! I'm sure it kickstarted some inspiration--can't wait to see what you have in store for us!
Kathy said…
What a great time you had. Thanks for sharing your pics so the rest of us can experience quilt market vicariously.
Marlene said…
I am still so jealous.