Tutorial Tuesday: How to Bind a Knit Neckline

Do you ever feel like switching it up, just to make your favorite pattern a little different?  Then today's Tutorial Tuesday is for you.  Today I am showing you how to make a bound neckline for the Opal Knit Flutter, Zee's Tee or any other knit neckband.


I'm using the Opal Knit Flutter for my example today.  Begin by cutting and constructing the garment per instructions up to the point of adding the neckband.  I constructed my Opal a little out of order, so you'll see that it is entirely done with the exception of the neckband.


Follow these simple steps to make bound neckline:










I like how sturdy this neck binding feels and I just like to switch up sewing techniques from time to time.  Try it out and let us know what you think!  Don't forget to make a matching headband using Jen's free headband tutorial.



Here's a couple other knit sewing tutorial you might also enjoy:

Labels: , , , , ,