Designer Swap: TDD Sews The Acorn Tee from Sew Like My Mom

What fun it was to sew someone else's pattern for the Designer Pattern Swap! I got lucky enough to be paired with Sew Like My Mom, and chose this adorable Acorn Tee pattern. It's a unisex, semi-fitted tee with a stylish twist - a working snap-front placket and includes sizes 12 months to 8.




I had just bought this video-game themed knit from Sweet N Charmed Fabric and it was the perfect marriage. I knew right away how I'd make the placket. Wokka wokka wokka ...


[The eye is a KAM snap, with Sharpie details that are not holding up to wear. Anyone have ideas for how I can make the details on the snap more permanent? Comment, please!]

We love the working placket!
The slender 6 year old I sewed for is a 5 chest, tippy-top of 6 height on the size chart, and I made a straight size 6 because, lazy. I did omit the pattern's cuffed sleeve and extended the sleeve to the pattern's final length (with just a little math), as personal choice since the fabric could border on pajama-ish. The cuffs will be great for another time! The pattern was a quick sew and the fit is great.


Thank you Sew Like My Mom for this opportunity to sew up such a fun and stylish tee!

Now ... here are YOUR opportunities!

First, in celebration of Lily Bird Studio sewing up my Opal Knit Flutter Top and Dress Pattern in the Designer Swap (you can see her pretty top at her link), Opal is on sale for only $5 through tomorrow!

Second, enter to win a big bundle of PDF patterns from all the participating pattern makers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway