A Year of Dresses: Hoodie Vest into a Dress!


Are you ever in for a treat today!  This creative modification was all Jen's idea and I was only too happy to sew it up.  Use a top pattern and make it into a dress, yes please!  Without further ado, I give you the Hoodie Vest Dress!



 The Reversible Hoodie Vest Pattern is an adorable pattern for boys and girls designed for fleece.  I'm thinking I really need to make both boys one!  This pattern includes sizes 12-18 month through 7/8 plus a dolly pattern.  The Reversible Hoodie Vest is a beginner, advanced/beginner level pattern.  It is designed for fleece on one or both sides, The reverse side can also be made from stable knit, flannel, corduroy, or even quilter's cotton.  The vest closes with either Velcro or press in snaps and includes a cute tuxedo ruffle option for girls as well as an optional pocket.

So, how did I turn this versatile vest into a dress?  Let me show you, it's super simple!  Before I begin though...I was pushing the limits of winter daylight so please overlook any odd shadows. And my humble apologies for my poor attempt at adding a few stitching lines to photos, I hope they help you!






















I love how warm and cozy this little dress is and Sweet Pea loves it too! I paired it with Sterling Leggings for a fun winter look and a bright spot in the dreary winter. Side note....I forgot how skinny Sweet Pea is.  I should know better, right?  So, her leggings are really a size too big and hence a little (or a lot) baggy. It just means she won't outgrow them tomorrow, right?  Sterling leggings is one of my favorite basics patterns as Sweet Pea wears leggings constantly.  I'll just remember to make the right size next time!


 Little Miss loves the hood, especially as she HATES her hair getting wet from any possible precipitation. 


I love having a fun print peaking out from the lining.  I purchased the fleece for this project and then found this perfect heart print in my stash.  As I'm not one for a lot or minor holiday sewing, this very well may be her Valentine's Day outfit.



Here's your Reversible Hoodie Vest pattern details at a glance:


Labels: , , , , ,