Let It Sew, Let It Sew, Let It Sew!

Yippee, December in full swing! Christmas music, Starbucks in the red cup, peppermint all the things! I can also share a selection of what I’ve been sewing with some delicious holiday fabrics.
Although I received some of these fabrics free of charge, all opinions are my own.

One of my favorites this year is Merry and Bright by Kimberbell Designs for Maywood Studios Fabrics. I discovered this collection at Quilt Market when I actually got to meet Kim Christopherson after knowing her online for many years! I've loved mixing and matching these prints, which look so different depending on the main fabric you choose. I used a selection of prints in this Ruby Ruffles skirt, emphasizing the dressy vibe with the black, but keeping it young and sweet and not too serious with pink touches. Doesn't that gathered diagonal stripe look like ribbon candy? Nom nom. Me eat skirt.



I used a few scraps to make a mini banner using my free tutorial - see how different it looks with traditional red and green emphasized?

Another collection getting a workout is Merry Stitches by Cori Dantini for Blend Fabrics. You've probably seen the sweet panel prints from this collection in your favorite handmade haunts. The coordinates are gorgeous too - look how cute the holiday berries print is on this elf-style Christmas Stocking and Dress Up Teddy Bear, both from my downloadable sewing patterns.



You've seen Anna Griffin's Yuletide Greetings in the free wine bag tutorial I posted in July, and the classic colors were perfect for this traditional stocking, also from my pattern.


I could not sign off a Christmas fabrics post without showing Treelicious, which seems to be one of the highly coveted collections this year! This collection by Maude Asbury for Blend Fabrics makes gorgeous holiday wear for little girls and keeps showing up again and again in photos shared in the Tie Dye Diva patterns group (come join us!).


Bear and Outfit from Three Piece Theo pattern
Gorgeous Treelicious Butterfly Dress by TDD group member Marta P.

I hope you are enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, love, and fabrics of this holiday season!

Oh! Stay tuned later today for the winner of my Sew Mama Sew giveaway day goodies!