Spooktacular Halloween!

I hope you caught sight of our gorgeous Ruby Ruffles Skirt pattern, done up in these amazing Spooktacular Too fabrics!  Bats and ghosts and "boos" oh my! I am loving this fresh collection for this Halloween, with its slightly antiqued palette - such a nice change from the usual bright black/orange/purple/lime combinations I usually see for Halloween. Other fabrics in the collection feature black cats, pumpkins, potions and more.


 

I used Rachel's Reverse Applique Tutorial to embellish a store-bought tee with the cute little ghost and "boo" cut from the fabric motifs. Then I added a little pre-made bow to the ghost just to be sure she would be too cute to spook.




Best of all, I had scraps left over to make a little Halloween mini-bunting using our Fabric Banner tutorial. I just left out the photo pocket, and instead of using bias binding, made the hanging strap from a straight cut of the fabric, selvedge to selvedge, pressed and folded as if it were bias binding.



Happy Halloween!

These fabrics were provided to me free of charge by Blend Fabrics so I can share them with you. All opinions are my own.