Monday, February 7, 2011

Free Knit Fabric Sewing Tutorials - Armwarmers and Baby Knot Hat

 I have had so much fun participating in the Great Knit Fabric Experiment sponsored by Stitch Simple and Harmony Art Fabrics, and so honored to be one of the patternakers chosen to create a free tutorial for sewing the luscious knit fabric they provided. Working with the organic knit cotton has been a dream, and ... the best part, because they came from Stitch Simple, they arrived prewashed and ready to sew, as do all their fabrics. No guessing how much your fabric might shrink - when you order a yard, you get a yard to sew with. Open the box! Run to the machine! Cut and pin! Sew sew sew! And voila, armwarmers for me and a lil' knot hat for baby. My kind of sewing. Click on the I Heart Knit Fabrics logo or the link to go to all the free tutorials in the Great Knit Fabric Experiment!

And so without further ado, let me share my free sewing tutorials with you! I loved sewing with this beautiful knit so much, I couldn't create only one free tutorial.


First up, armwarmers! They keep your arms warm and leave your fingers free to do all the other crafty stuff you love.  I'm calling my version Perfectly Polished Armwarmers, with finished hems and a self-binding thumbhole. Go to the free armwarmers tutorial!
Free Armwarmers Tutorial - Perfectly Polished!
After your arms are warm and your fingers are still free for sewing, continue on to my free Baby Knot Hat tutorial and downloadable pattern! This one is size newborn in a sweet little beanie style. It was a natural match for the lovely organic cotton knits from Harmony Arts, don't we all want our little ones to spend their first days warm and cuddly and organic, and wearing sweet little whispers of "Mom" and "Dad" and "Love"?

Free Baby Knot Hat Pattern and Tutorial

6 comments:

Harmony said...

What fun! I think I could use a pair of those armwarmers. The hat is adorable and would look great paired with Badlands Quilts' knit blanket. Thanks for participating in The Experiment!

badlandsquilts said...

Cute hat!

Deanna said...

Jen, these are fantastic. My tween has been wanting me to make arm warmers for her, and I think your pattern is great!

Karen said...

I can't wait to make those arm warmers!

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Those are so cute!

Katy Lunsford said...

Love this pattern and can't wait to make it! Thank you.