Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? 
Comfort and joy, health and happiness, an abundance of friendship and love. Oh, and maybe an XBox. 
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition?
Watching the kids open gifts at some ridiculously early hour, drinking coffee and snacking on coffee cake so we don't have to take a break in the paper-tearing, ribbon-tossing, wonderful insanity.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? (Pinky finger to lip) One Million Dollars! Well, seriously. That would take care of a whole bunch of things, now, wouldn't it.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
We live in a town that goes nuts with Christmas lights. We bundle everyone up and go look at them, and we never seem to tire of it.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? Monopoly, card games, Scrabble. My parents didn't believe in letting little kids win, and you know, it makes you a pretty competitive little kid. My husband won't play Scrabble with me.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Making Christmas cookies - sugar cookies with cinnamon red hots and sugar sprinkles to the point you can't see the cookie part. They don't taste that great to me anymore but they are fun to make.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? Realistically, Tahoe. Dream land style, Hawaii.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? Oohh... no brainer for #1, the Kinect. Karaoke Revolution Glee, Mario Kart for the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandmother taught me to play Scrabble and Boogle when I was a child. She didn't let me win either, so like you, I am pretty competitive. The only person who will play either game with me now is ... my grandmother. LOL