Saturday, February 14, 2009

(Quilt) Top O' the Mornin' to ya



I had a quiet morning at home and was able to put the borders on my You Can Make This Sew-Along quilt. I love that the make-it-up-as-you go factor gave me a lot of creativity along the way - this is not the kind of quilt I would have planned out had I planned it, but I love it! I had some "Malibu Monkey" print (told you, I have a LOT of Moda Monkey fabric) that turned out to be perfect for the inner border, I really like the "marching monkeys" effect! I hope it works to back the quilt with flannel, as I have some of the brown banana print in flannel that would fit perfectly. My (nearly) finished quilt size is almost a perfect 36" x 36". I think I'll make a matching pillow cover while I wait for the next steps to tell me how to back the quilt.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Jen - Your inner border worked perfectly for that! This is turning out so cute!! And yes, flannel for the back will work great! Please do a pillow - I'd love to see how it turns out!

You are fast! Happy Valentine's Day! :)
Kim

Teresa Pomerantz said...

that turned out beautiful!

Kris said...

The monkeys are so cute and you've done a really great job!

Lisa said...

I love your quilt, it is so cute!

Monkey Doodle Designs said...

great job, Jen!