Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sew sew sewing along ... with YCMT!

So yesterday my husband said to me "Quilting? That's great, honey, I am so glad you have another new hobby!"

OK, so I made that up. But I did start my first quilting project, via a sew-along with You Can Make This. What's a sew-along? Kind of like a book club, sewing-style. A bunch of people making the same project, step-by-step, together. Kim is leading us in making a no-stress quilt, and it's not too late to join if you don't mind doing a little catch-up. I have some catching up to do myself, I have about 2/3 of my squares cut and about half of them pieced and pressed, but am waiting for a certain fabric I already bought to come in the mail. Since I have now purchased enough Moda Sock Monkey fabrics to tent the house, I am naturally using those.



I'll be posting updates as we sew along! Come join us: YCMT Blog Sew Along

Speaking of updates, don't forget about the Bellaziza's Favorite things Babycook and Relish magazine giveaways - I have my entries in!

1 comment:

Heather said...

A sock monkey quilt, fun!!